James Bond Movie - For Your Eyes Only
|Release Date (UK)||June 24th, 1981|
|Release Date (US)||June 24th, 1981|
|Film Number||12 of 24|
|Running Time||127 Minutes|
|Melina Havelock||Carole Bouquet|
|Bibi Dahl||Lynn-Holly Johnson|
|Erich Kriegler||John Wyman|
A ship containing an Automatic Targeting Attack Communicator (ATAC), which can control ballistic missile attacks, is sunk. Bond is sent to retrieve the ATAC before the Russians do. MI6 had sent archaeologist Timothy Havelock to discretely locate the ship, but he and his wife were murdered in front of their daughter Melina. Bond tracks down their killer, Hector Gonzales, and must complete his work before Melina takes her revenge.
|1||For Your Eyes Only||Sheena Easton|
|2||A Drive In The Country||Bill Conti|
|3||Take Me Home||Bill Conti|
|4||Melina's Revenge||Bill Conti|
|5||Gonzales Takes a Drive||Bill Conti|
|6||St. Cyril's Monastery||Bill Conti|
|7||Make It Last All Night||Bill Conti|
|10||For Your Eyes Oly (Instrumental)||Bill Conti|
|12||The P.M Gets The Bird||Bill Conti|
|13||Gunbarrel/Flowers For Teresa||Bill Conti|
|14||Unfinished Business||Bill Conti|
|16||Goodbye, Countess||Bill Conti|
|17||Recovering The ATAC||Bill Conti|
|18||Sub Vs. Sub||Bill Conti|
|19||Run Them Down/The Climb||Bill Conti|
- For Your Eyes Only was the first Bond film to feature the singer in the opening titles. Sheena Easton's song topped the charts both in the UK and in America.
- Due to a legal battle surrounding Thunderball, the producers couldn't use the name Blofeld. But that didn't stop them from including a bald man stroking a cat, who resembled Blofeld in every way.
- During the filming, future James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan was first introduced to producer Cubby Broccoli. Brosnan's wife Cassandra Harris played Lisl in the film.
- For Your Eyes Only was the first Bond film whose title, and story elements, were derved from Ian Fleming short stories.
- While preparing for the role as M, Bernard Lee had passed away. Since he had played M eleven times, the producers decided not to recast him, as a sign of respect. For Your Eyes Only is the only Bond film so far not to include the M character.
|Production Budget||$28 Million (~$69.7M with inflation)|
|Worldwide Gross||$195.3 Million (~$486.5M with inflation)|
|Producer||Albert R. "Cubby" Broccoli|
|Michael G. Wilson|
|Writers||Ian Fleming (Short stories)|
|Richard Maibaum (Screenplay)|
|Michael G. Wilson (Screenplay)|
- Bill Conti won an ASCAP Film and Television Music Award for Most Performed Feature Film Standard in 1991.
- Bill Conti and Michael Leeson were nominated for an Oscar for Best Music, Original Song in 1982.
- Bill Conti and Michael Leeson were nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Original Song in 1982.
- Richard Maibaum and Michael G. Wilson were nominated for a Writers Guild of America award for Best Comedy Adapted from Another Medium in 1982.