James Bond Movie - Die Another Day
|Release Date (UK)||November 18th, 2002|
|Release Date (US)||November 22nd, 2002|
|Film Number||20 of 24|
|Running Time||133 Minutes|
|Previous Film||The World is Not Enough|
|Next Film||Casino Royale|
|Gustav Graves||Toby Stephens|
|Jinx Johnson||Halle Berry|
|Miranda Frost||Rosamund Pike|
|General Moon||Kenneth Tsang|
|Colonel Moon||Will Yun Lee|
|Damian Falco||Michael Madsen|
Bond is betrayed during a mission in North Korea, and is captured and tortured for 14 months. After revealing nothing, Bond is released in a deal with MI6, who release a terrorist in return. Bond escapes from MI6 to find the traitor, and kill the terrorist he was traded for.
|1||Die Another Day||Madonna|
|2||James Bond Theme||Paul Oakenfold|
|3||On the Beach||David Arnold|
|4||Hovercraft Chase||David Arnold|
|5||Some Kind of Hero?||David Arnold|
|6||Welcome To Cuba||David Arnold|
|7||Jinx Jordan||David Arnold|
|8||Jinx and James||David Arnold|
|9||A Touch of Frost||David Arnold|
|11||Laser Fight||David Arnold|
|13||Iced Inc.||David Arnold|
|15||Going Down Together||David Arnold|
- Pierce Brosnan suggested Brett Ratner to direct Die Another Day, but the producers didn't like Ratner's other work. Brosnan would work with the director two years later in After the Sunset.
- This was the first time James Bond has had a beard.
- Zao is the first Korean villain since Oddjob to appear in the Bond series.
|Production Budget||$142 Million (~$178M with inflation)|
|Worldwide Gross||$431 Million (~$543M with inflation)|
|Michael G. Wilson|
|Writers||Ian Fleming (Characters)|
|Neal Purvis (Screenplay)|
|Robert Wade (Screenplay)|
- Rosamund Pike, who played Miranda Frost, an Empire Award for Best Newcomer in 2003.
- David Arnold won a BMI Film Music Award for Die Another Day in 2003.