James Bond Actor - Gabriele Ferzetti
|Life||March 17, 1925 - Present|
Gabriele Ferzetti is a famous Italian actor who's best known in the James Bond community for his role as Marc-Ange Draco in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
Gabriele Ferzetti is a successful Italian actor who started his career in 1942, playing a minor character in an Italian film. He had previously attended the Accademia d'Arte Drammatica school in Rome, Italy, but was expelled after accepting a screen test for his first film. Throughout his life he has starred in over 150 films and TV shows, including Once Upon a Time in the West and one of his latest roles in the 2005 show Pope John Paul II. Although he is famous in Italy for many of his films, the rest of the world knows him best for his role as Marc-Ange Draco in 1969's James Bond movie On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
Roles in James Bond Movies
- Gabriele Ferzetti and Luciana Paluzzi (Fiona Volpe from Thunderball) both starred as major characters in the 1975 Italian movie ...a tutte le auto della polizia.
- Due to his strong accent, his role as Marc-Ange Draco was dubbed by David de Keyser.
- Gabriele is sometimes credited as Pasquale Ferzetti.
Other Notable Roles/Movies
- Annibale (1960) as Fabius Maximus
- Avventura, L' (1960) as Sandro
- Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) as Morton
From the Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists:
- Won a Silver Ribbon in 1968 for Best Supporting Actor in A Ciascuno il Suo (1967)
- Won a Silver Ribbon in 1953 for his role in Provinciale, La (1953)